Beginner questions about How to

Scott Shipp

Hi everyone,

I am a complete beginner with DBUnit. These questions will be beginner questions, I am sure. I have been reading the how-to and faq pages on dbunit.org but unfortunately I am still not clear how to address my particular scenario. Here is basically what I would like to do:

1.       Snapshot Initial database state

2.       Backup and then delete some data out of my database (with DBUnit?)

3.       Run some application code that adds data back in

4.       Compare the data in the database with the expected result (which should match the state in step 1)

I see a lot in the how-to about how to load out some data from the database into an XML dataset, which I plan to perform in order to snapshot the initial database for step 1. Can I do step 2 with DBUnit? I don’t see anything in how-to about it (maybe I am overlooking this). If I can’t do this with DBUnit, what do you suggest as a good approach?

Scott