Column names with a "#"

Kevin Kalmbach
I saw this asked back in 2009 (http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=24216299), but it never got an answer.

Is there a way to use a flat xml dataset with a table that has a "#" in a column name?

if I have xml that looks like this:
I get an xml parsing exception (you can't have a "#" in the attribute name)
You also can't replace the # with &#35;  This gives a similar exception.

Any help would be appreciated.

Here is the stack trace I get.
rg.dbunit.dataset.DataSetException: Line 35: Attribute name "COL" associated with an element type "TABLE" must be followed by the ' = ' character.
at org.dbunit.dataset.xml.XmlProducer.buildException(XmlProducer.java:182)
at org.dbunit.dataset.xml.FlatXmlProducer.produce(FlatXmlProducer.java:373)
at org.dbunit.dataset.CachedDataSet.<init>(CachedDataSet.java:97)
at org.dbunit.dataset.xml.FlatXmlDataSet.<init>(FlatXmlDataSet.java:110)
at org.dbunit.dataset.xml.FlatXmlDataSetBuilder.buildInternal(FlatXmlDataSetBuilder.java:264)
at org.dbunit.dataset.xml.FlatXmlDataSetBuilder.build(FlatXmlDataSetBuilder.java:147)

Re: Column names with a "#"

jchappelle
I'm having the exact same issue. If anyone has a solution please post it.

Thanks