Create Domain - data type not recognized and will be ignored...

Create Domain - data type not recognized and will be ignored...

Nixo Soft
Hi,

Are there possibilities to use "Create Domain" Data Types in dbunit, without to implement a own DefaultDataTypeFactory for each "Domain Data Type"?

Example:

I use Postgre:

CREATE DOMAIN state  AS character(1)
  DEFAULT 'a'::bpchar
   CONSTRAINT state_ck CHECK ((VALUE = ANY (ARRAY['o'::bpchar, 'b'::bpchar, 'a'::bpchar, 'd'::bpchar])));

But I get a error, when I use new FlatXmlDataSet(...) to insert a "state" in a table (test):

21 [main] WARN org.dbunit.util.SQLHelper - test.statetyp data type (2001, 'state') not recognized and will be ignored. See FAQ for more information.
org.dbunit.dataset.NoSuchColumnException: test.statetyp - (Non-uppercase input column: statetyp) in ColumnNameToIndexes cache map. Note that the map's column names are NOT case sensitive.

Greets
Phil

So gehst du mir nicht vor die Tür! Herbsttrends entdecken

Re: Create Domain - data type not recognized and will be ignored...

John Hurst-2
I believe that this is currently not supported. But it would be good if it were supported!

Would you like to raise an issue in the DbUnit bug tracker? Otherwise I will. (But I might not get on to it immediately.)

Regards

John Hurst

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 4:08 PM, Nixo Soft <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Life is interfering with my game

Re: Create Domain - data type not recognized and will be ignored...

Hi Phil,
you can actually use arbitrary custom Data Types by implementing the interface IDataTypeFactory once and creating your custom implementations of org.dbunit.dataset.datatype.DataType there. AFAIK there is no other way for custom datatypes. I also agree with John that it would be nice to have this supported out of the box.
rgds,
matthias

Hi John,

i have post it in the bug tracking system.

Regards

Phil

Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 16:32:36 +1300
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [dbunit-user] Create Domain - data type not recognized and will be ignored...

[...]

Das neue Windows 7: Vereinfachen Sie Ihre täglichen Aufgaben. Finden Sie den richtigen PC.