DBUnit & MySQL XML Dump files

Ryan Golhar-3
Hi all - I'm using DBUnit/Java/mySQL for unit testing...Mysql is able to dump databases in an XML format.  DBUnit doesn't have a reader that supports the mySQL XML format.  There is a version of this in PHPUnit thought.  Has anyone implemented a MySQL XML reader for dbunit?  If so, can you send me your implementation?  If not, would dbunit accept an implementation if I coded one up?  I'd prefer to use the mysql XML dumps instead of creating xmldataset files.

Re: DBUnit & MySQL XML Dump files

Ryan Golhar-3
Hi Andy - Thanks.  I've already implemented a mysql reader based on the XMLDataSet reader.  How can I contribute it to dbunit?

There is one problem with it though. I do not know how to get MySQL to reset its auto_increment value.   Somehow the PHPUnit version handles this but I haven't figured that out yet.

Ryan

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 5:14 AM, Andy Stevens <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I don't generally use mysql (it's generally oracle & sybase at work),
but if you send me a (small) sample XML file and/or any DTD or schema
file that specifies its layout, I may be able to create a suitable
reader (or, at least, an XSL file that could translate it into one of
DBUnit's usual XML formats on the fly rather than needing your test
data to be in that format).

Regards,

Andy

On 25 October 2011 22:09, Ryan Golhar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all - I'm using DBUnit/Java/mySQL for unit testing...Mysql is able to
> dump databases in an XML format.  DBUnit doesn't have a reader that supports
> the mySQL XML format.  There is a version of this in PHPUnit thought.  Has
> anyone implemented a MySQL XML reader for dbunit?  If so, can you send me
> your implementation?  If not, would dbunit accept an implementation if I
> coded one up?  I'd prefer to use the mysql XML dumps instead of creating
> xmldataset files.

Re: DBUnit & MySQL XML Dump files

Jeff Jensen-2

See Contributing patches on