FAQ improvement

David Balažic
Hi!

At the FAQ question http://www.dbunit.org/faq.html#slf4jdependency :

Why am I getting the following error: "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/slf4j/LoggerFactory"

    Since version 2.2.1, DbUnit uses SLF4J for logging purposes (See
dependencies). You must therefore download SLF4J and include
slf4j-api-*.jar and the jar corresponding to your favourite logging
library in your classpath (e.g. slf4j-log4j12-*.jar for Log4j or
slf4j-jcl-*.jar for commons-logging). See the SLF4J homepage for more
details.

It would have really helped me, it it included the following:
The same casue also gives an error like:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
org.dbunit.database.DatabaseConnection

When you get the first one, as in FAQ, it is not hard to see that
slf4j is missing, but with the second,
it is much harder to figure it out.

So I propose to add this info to the FAQ and by that help someone who
gets the same error in future.

Regards,
David

PS: On www.dbunit.org, in the menu the link "Get Support" points to
http://sourceforge.net/support/getsupport.php?group_id=47439
which giver error 404.

Re: FAQ improvement

John Hurst-2
Hello David,

Thanks for your useful observation!

I will try to reproduce this shortly, and amend the FAQ appropriately.

It's kind of frustrating -- the logging is without question extremely useful, and yet it's rather discouraging how many problems it causes. Such is the world of Java logging, I guess!

Regards

John Hurst
Wellington, New Zealand

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 3:43 AM, David Balažic <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Life is interfering with my game