FW: Are unique indexes necessary for an export?

FW: Are unique indexes necessary for an export?

Jenny, Albert

I have working DbUnit test cases in a Java Spring environment.   The data for these cases is exported table by table as follows:

              partialDataSet.addTable(

                       "CLASSIFIER",

                       "SELECT * FROM CLASSIFIER"

                    );

              FlatXmlDataSet.write(partialDataSet, new FileOutputStream("CLASSIFIER.xml"));

This all works fine.

I would like to export the entire DB, however, and I get the following

Exception in thread "main" org.dbunit.dataset.DataSetException: com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybSQLException: The optimizer could not find a unique index which it could use to scan table 'ACTION_ENTITY_TYPE_X' for cursor 'jconnect_implicit_1'.

I assume this means that the export wants a unique index for each table it exports.  In most cases we have those, but we do have a few tables that do not have unique indexes.  Is there any way to make the unique index optional?

Thanks in advance,

AJ