How to initialize a blob column

gerald ternola
Hi!,
Good day.
      Can anyone help me on how to initialize the table that have blob column using XmlDataSet?
Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Gerald

Re: How to initialize a blob column

John Hurst-2
I've done this (with Oracle) using an enhanced alternative to ReplacementDataSet where I define a ValueReplacer interface and the Strategy pattern to recognise URLs for BLOBs in the decorated DataSet and replace them with the BLOBs.

My approach is shown in my chapter in the Java Power Tools book.

I need to get some of these examples into a public repository somewhere.

If you want the sample code from the book, let me know and I can email it directly.

John Hurst

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 8:48 PM, gerald ternola <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi!,
Good day.
      Can anyone help me on how to initialize the table that have blob column using XmlDataSet?
Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Gerald

Life is interfering with my game

Re: How to initialize a blob column

Jeff Jensen-2
Hmm, is it a worthy idea for you to commit it as a new feature?