:RE Null columns fail to persist if they are empty

:RE Null columns fail to persist if they are empty

kalpana prakasam

Hi,

I am using the following plugin (http://mojo.codehaus.org/dbunit-maven-plugin/operation-mojo.html) to populate the data via dbunit:operation(org.codehaus.mojo:dbunit-maven-plugin:1.0-beta-3:operation). I don't see a similar configuration to set this flag. Kindly let me know, which flag should I use for this task?

Thanks,
Kalpana

Kalpana, I found this info helpful.

Since DBUnit 2.3.0 there is a functionality called "column sensing"
which basically reads in the whole XML into a buffer and dynamically
adds new columns as they appear. It can be used as demonstrated in the
following example:

boolean enableColumnSensing = true;
IDataSet dataSet = new FlatXmlDataSet(
new File("src/xml/flatXmlTableTest.xml"), false,
enableColumnSensing);

thanks.

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 8:33 AM, kalpana
prakasam<kalpanaprakasam@ya...> wrote:

> If the table definition contains a null column, DBUnit expects a value to be present as part of the row element.
> It doesn't seem to accept an empty value for a column. Is this a bug or is there a workaround for this issue?
>
> Thanks,
> Kalpana

      Yahoo! recommends that you upgrade to the new and safer Internet Explorer 8. http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/internetexplorer/

Re: :RE Null columns fail to persist if they are empty

Matthias Gommeringer
Hi Kalpana,

AFAIK there is no possibility yet to set the column-sensing feature via a configuration parameter. Feel free to create a feature request on the dbunit sourceforge tracker.

rgds,
matthias