Simple Q about cyclic tables

nigelm
In the source, there is an example hypersonic_cyclic_dataset.sql. I can export this quite easily

<dataset>
  <A PKA="A1" FKB="B1"/>
  <A PKA="A2" FKB="B1"/>
  <B PKB="B1" FKC="C1"/>
  <C PKC="C1" FKA="A2"/>
</dataset>

However, importing it is somewhat more problematic. Does DBUnit support importing this data? All the information I can find suggests turning off database constraints, which is somewhat problematic..

I was expecting some way of exporting the dataset so it'd look something like this:

<dataset>
  <A PKA="A1" />
  <A PKA="A2" />
  <B PKB="B1" />
  <C PKC="C1" FKA="A2"/>
  <A PKA="A1" FKB="B1"/>
  <A PKA="A2" FKB="B1"/>
  <B PKB="B1" FKC="C1"/>
</dataset>

(I.E: setting the non-FK columns first, then updating them).

Re: Simple Q about cyclic tables

John Hurst-2
Hello,

As far as I am aware, you will need to drop or disable the constraints in order to load data with circular references.

Actually I have never tried with the update technique, so wonder whether that will work. I tend to use CLEAN_INSERT for almost all of my DbUnit work. I do deal with circular references sometimes, with Oracle. I use DDL to disable the constraints in that situation.

Regards

John Hurst
Wellington, New Zealand

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 1:04 AM, Nigel Magnay <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Life is interfering with my game