export xmldataset into SQL

Sebaso
Hi All,

is it possible to export a xmldataset into SQL of different flavours ? (Oracle, Mysql etc...)

Thanks

--
Sebastian E. Ovide

Re: export xmldataset into SQL

John Hurst-2
I'm not aware of any DbUnit feature to do this.

I believe that DbUnit has never has any DDL (CREATE TABLE etc) capability, only DML (INSERT/DELETE/UPDATE).

DbUnit does have data type support customized to common databases to handle their specific support for exotic types (e.g. CLOBs, spatial data).

Regards

John Hurst

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 2:13 AM, Sebastian E. Ovide <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

is it possible to export a xmldataset into SQL of different flavours ? (Oracle, Mysql etc...)

Thanks

--
Sebastian E. Ovide

Life is interfering with my game

Re: export xmldataset into SQL

Sebaso
I don't know how Dbunit works. We are just using it for populate tables before some tests from some xml dataset. At the same time we have a couple of SQL (for different DBs) for pre populate our DB in the dev environments... just wondering what would be the best way to use DBunit to do that task...

1) create SQL from dataset
2) create some kind of maven goal that uses DBunit and it would populate the DB

any suggestion ?

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 8:57 PM, John Hurst <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm not aware of any DbUnit feature to do this.

I believe that DbUnit has never has any DDL (CREATE TABLE etc) capability, only DML (INSERT/DELETE/UPDATE).

DbUnit does have data type support customized to common databases to handle their specific support for exotic types (e.g. CLOBs, spatial data).

Regards

John Hurst

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 2:13 AM, Sebastian E. Ovide <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

is it possible to export a xmldataset into SQL of different flavours ? (Oracle, Mysql etc...)

Thanks

--
Sebastian E. Ovide

Life is interfering with my game

Sebastian E. Ovide

Re: export xmldataset into SQL

John Hurst-2
If you want to use DbUnit to populate your data within your test case (which is how it's designed to be used), then you could create a DbUnit data set from the data in your SQL scripts like this:

- Run the SQL scripts to populate the data into dev.
- Use the DbUnit Ant export task to export from dev to a DbUnit flat XML file.

Then you can use the flat XML file instead of using the SQL scripts, which may be more convenient.

Regards

John Hurst
Wellington, New Zealand