extract database metadata info

Barnabas Davoti
Hi dbunit developers,

I need to extract database metadata (schema-, table names, column names,
types... etc) in a generic way and save it as XML. I can use the dbunit
API or JDBC directly for this.

I use Ant as my execution framework, so a dedicated dbunit Ant task
which does this would fit best, like:

<dbunit ...>
   <getmetadata dest="metadata.xml"/>
</dbunit>

It's of course generic functionality, therefore would you be interested
in to include this in the dbunit core code base?

BR.

Barna

Re: extract database metadata info

Jeff Jensen-2
Since you find that a valuable feature, if you create a PR for it with tests proving it works, I will commit it to dbUnit.  Please create a feature ticket for your idea too.

If it interests you, would be extra great if same was added to the Maven plugin to keep them balanced.  Not needed at the same time tho.

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 6:40 AM, Barnabas Davoti <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi dbunit developers,

I need to extract database metadata (schema-, table names, column names,
types... etc) in a generic way and save it as XML. I can use the dbunit
API or JDBC directly for this.

I use Ant as my execution framework, so a dedicated dbunit Ant task
which does this would fit best, like:

<dbunit ...>
   <getmetadata dest="metadata.xml"/>
</dbunit>

It's of course generic functionality, therefore would you be interested
in to include this in the dbunit core code base?

BR.

Barna

Re: extract database metadata info

Barnabas Davoti
Hi Jeff,

I've looked into this:
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/index.html?java/sql/DatabaseMetaData.html

It has so much information and I only need a fraction of it. Writing
this Ant task in a generic way would be quite much work.
Sorry, I don't have the time to do this now.

BR.

Barna