subsection of dependent tables?

Karl Jóhann Pálsson

I'm looking through the TablesDependencyHelper, trying to get all the dependencies otu of my database.  However, I don't want all the content of all the dependents.

I have a table of subscriptions, and the devices they use, and the cabinets they're in, but for my test dataset, I only want a handful of subscriptions.  The getDependentTables* methods all simply take a table name for the root, but I want a set of ids from that table.

There's methods called getDataset() that have parameters for "allowedIds" or a PK map, but they don't have any javadoc, and when I've tried using them, they seem to try and just get all the data in the table, regardless of the ids I've provided.

        IDataSet depSet = TablesDependencyHelper.getDataset(connection, "Subscriptions", new HashSet(Arrays.asList(__Lots of ids here__)));

        FlatXmlWriter depsWriter = new FlatXmlWriter(new FileOutputStream("test-deps.xml"));

Is this method _meant_ work work like this?  Or is there another, better way of getting only the necessary dependents, rather than entire tables?

Cheers,

Karl P

Re: subsection of dependent tables?

Matthias Gommeringer
Hi Karl,

I think you use the method correctly. You can see an example in the test class org.dbunit.database.search.ImportedKeysFilteredByPKsSingleTest (method "addInput" collects the IDs to be filtered). Note that if your List/Set of IDs are Strings that you should ensure that the case matches. You will get some more information if you set the log level to debug.

regards
matthias

Nur bis 31.05.: WEB.DE FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate
und Telefonanschluss für 17,95 Euro/mtl.! http://produkte.web.de/go/02/

Re: subsection of dependent tables?

Karl Jóhann Pálsson

I turned on debug, and yes, I can see that it is generating the list of dependent tables correctly.  However, once the list of tables is finally built, it goes off and starts looking at other tables.  I get a

org.dbunit.database.AmbiguousTableNameException: SQLN_EXPLAIN_PLAN

Which seems to be some oracle love, so I tried turning on qualified table names and skip oracle recycle bin tables. It doesn't help. But that's probably because it doesn't seem to have taken affect.

        config.setProperty(DatabaseConfig.FEATURE_SKIP_ORACLE_RECYCLEBIN_TABLES, true);
        config.setProperty(DatabaseConfig.FEATURE_QUALIFIED_TABLE_NAMES, true);

The property names don't seem to be recognised?  I'm using dbunit 2.4.4

<setProperty(name=http://www.dbunit.org/features/skipOracleRecycleBinTables, value=true) - start>
<Unknown property 'http://www.dbunit.org/features/skipOracleRecycleBinTables'. Cannot validate the type of the object to be set. Please notify a developer to update the list of properties.>
<setProperty(name=http://www.dbunit.org/features/qualifiedTableNames, value=true) - start>
<Unknown property 'http://www.dbunit.org/features/qualifiedTableNames'. Cannot validate the type of the object to be set. Please notify a developer to update the list of properties.>

Moving on, I RTFM and set the db schema on the IdatabaseConnection, which got me a LOT further.  However, now I have something completely different...

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Integer cannot be cast to java.math.BigDecimal
        at java.math.BigDecimal.compareTo(BigDecimal.java:205)
        at java.util.TreeMap.getEntry(TreeMap.java:328)
        at java.util.TreeMap.containsKey(TreeMap.java:209)
        at java.util.TreeSet.contains(TreeSet.java:217)
        at org.dbunit.database.PrimaryKeyFilteredTableWrapper.setRows(PrimaryKeyFilteredTableWrapper.java:107)
        at org.dbunit.database.PrimaryKeyFilteredTableWrapper.<init>(PrimaryKeyFilteredTableWrapper.java:85)
        at org.dbunit.database.PrimaryKeyFilter$FilterIterator.getTable(PrimaryKeyFilter.java:451)
        at org.dbunit.dataset.stream.DataSetProducerAdapter.produce(DataSetProducerAdapter.java:83)
        at org.dbunit.dataset.xml.FlatXmlWriter.write(FlatXmlWriter.java:124)
        at backintomycode....

This one I've got no idea on.  Any ideas?

I think you use the method correctly. You can see an example in the test class org.dbunit.database.search.ImportedKeysFilteredByPKsSingleTest (method "addInput" collects the IDs to be filtered). Note that if your List/Set of IDs are Strings that you should ensure that the case matches. You will get some more information if you set the log level to debug.

regards
matthias

Fixed the class cast exception, and now have tests running green.  Yippeee.  The class cast exception on my dependent table export was caused by my code having this line to generate the keys:

Bad:
Set primaryKeys = new HashSet(Arrays.asList(360140, 358103));
IDataSet depSet = TablesDependencyHelper.getDataset(connection, "Subscriptions", primaryKeys);

Good:
Set primaryKeys = new HashSet(Arrays.asList(new BigDecimal(360140), new BigDecimal(358103)));
IDataSet depSet = TablesDependencyHelper.getDataset(connection, "Subscriptions", primaryKeys);

This wasn't immediately obvious to me, something to do with my int's vs what oracle thought the primary keys really were when it came time to filter out the unwanted ones.

Cheers,
Karl P

I think you use the method correctly. You can see an example in the test class org.dbunit.database.search.ImportedKeysFilteredByPKsSingleTest (method "addInput" collects the IDs to be filtered). Note that if your List/Set of IDs are Strings that you should ensure that the case matches. You will get some more information if you set the log level to debug.

regards
matthias

Nice that you got that thing running.

Just to clarify the issue with the features/properties: if you want to enable a feature you must invoke "DatabaseConfig.setFeature" as opposed to "DatabaseConfig.setProperty" (what you did). So it would be correct as follows:

config.setFeature(DatabaseConfig.FEATURE_SKIP_ORACLE_RECYCLEBIN_TABLES, true);
config.setFeature(DatabaseConfig.FEATURE_QUALIFIED_TABLE_NAMES, true);

Maybe dbunit may need a little rework on this to let users specify everything as a simple property. What do you think (anybody on the list feel free to drop a quick line on this)

thanks,
matthias

Text: GRATIS für alle WEB.DE-Nutzer: Die maxdome Movie-FLAT!

Re: subsection of dependent tables?

Karl Jóhann Pálsson
Sounds good to me,  Features could just be properties that are of type Boolean, and non-nullable right?

(Of course, my perspective might be a touch biased)

Cheers,
Karl P